It's so easy to take part, just follow these easy steps:
- Plan to count birds for at least 15 minutes on one or more days of the count.
- Count the greatest number of individuals of each species that you see together at any one time
- When you are finished, enter your results through the GBBC website.
For anyone interested in participating in this year’s Great Backyard Bird Count, Westmoreland Sanctuary will be offering free programs sponsored, in part, by Wild Birds Unlimited in Bedford Hills, NY:
- February 13 at 9:30am - Breakfast with the Birds
- February 14 at 1:00pm - Lunch with the Birds
- February 15 at 9:00am - Feeder Watching and Bird Walk
Please see our website for more details about these programs.
-Adam Zorn, Naturalist